Whether you are a fresh DELTA graduate or an experienced Director of Studies, join us this summer! Language Study Centres (LSC) is currently looking for experienced and dynamic Directors of Studies (DoS) to join the management teams of our British Council accredited schools this coming summer.
Working with us is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fun, dynamic environment and is the ideal opportunity to add skills to your professional development while working with a team of passionate educators. Contracts start in mid-June and normally run for between 4 and 9 weeks.
We particularly welcome applications from candidates who have previously experienced and enjoyed working in an EFL context with international students (aged 12-17) in the UK. While the DoS’ main duties relate to the Academic Programme, they will also need to have an overall awareness of the management of a summer school and how the Academic Programme fits in with other components of the courses.
The DOS will be responsible for the day to day running of the Academic Programme. In our Oxford centre, this will include running the Trinity GESE exam process.
Duties will include:
• Attending a training day prior to employment commencing (fully paid)
• Organising students into groups based on the results of their online test
• Carrying out various administrative processes (including completing timesheets, certificates and reports)
• Managing teachers and monitoring their performance through observations
• Carrying out the school’s safeguarding policy, ensuring it is followed by others and maintaining a friendly but professional manner at all times
• Working with the Centre Manager and Leaders on all issues of student welfare/behaviour
We are offering both residential and non-residential positions. Residential positions will be provided with en-suite accommodation at the school and full board. Residential DoS’s will need to be available to work six days a week.
Non-residential positions will need to have accommodation arranged near to the school and will work five days a week.
Bournemouth- Bournemouth University (Bournemouth House)
Bristol- University of the West of England (Frenchay Campus)
Brighton- University of Brighton (Moulsecoomb Campus)
London- University of East London (Dockland Campus)
London- University of Greenwich (Greenwich Campus)
London- University of Westminster (Harrow Campus)
London- University of Roehampton (Roehampton Campus)
Oxford- Oxford Brookes University (Harcourt Hill Campus)
Hastings- Sussex Coast College (Ore Valley Campus)*
Jersey- Fort Regent
*This centre will have a few classes of 10-11 year old students
LSC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy you will be asked to explain any gaps in your work and education history. You will also be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check and provide the contact details of at least 2 referees, who will be asked specifically if they have any concerns about your suitability to work with people under 18. Evidence of eligibility to work in the UK must be provided at interview stage. The cost of the DBS will be split between LSC and yourself, your contribution will be £24.40 and will be taken out of your first payment.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Serviced check before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
For the full job description, please follow the link above.
• An undergraduate/university degree
• TEFLQ diploma (e.g. DELTA or Grad Dip TESOL; MA ELT/TESOL)
• Considerable experience of teaching EFL to Young Learners
• Experience of managing staff in an educational capacity
• Proof of eligibility to work in the UK, a valid UK bank account and National Insurance number
• Previous summer school experience
• Knowledge of Trinity GESE exam requirements and preparation procedures (in Oxford only)
Salary and Benefits
• Weekly salary between £500 and £600 depending on size of centre (this figure includes the added 12.07% holiday pay)
• A strong commitment to providing you with ongoing support from our Academic Manager, training and opportunities for professional development
• Professional premises for staff and use of our in-house materials created specifically for our summer schools
• Comfortable en-suite accommodation and full board (for residential staff)
For a full salary breakdown, please follow the link above.
Should you be successful, LSC will:
• Require an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check to be made prior to confirmation of appointment. Where appropriate, foreign police checks will be required.
• Require two recent and relevant referees provided by you
• Enquire about any gaps in your CV that will need to be explained satisfactorily
• Require to see and make copies of original certificates and official identification (passport, driving licence, National ID) to keep in our records