Working with us is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fun, dynamic environment and is the ideal opportunity to add skills to your professional development while working within a passionate team. Contracts start in mid-June and normally run for between 6 and 9 weeks.
We particularly welcome applications from candidates who have previously experienced and enjoyed working in a summer school environment, and those who are a ready to face a challenge head-on this summer.
The Centre Manager is the key LSC member of staff on campus. They are charged with ensuring that the centre is a success, that the needs of our clients are satisfied and that our staff and university liaisons are happy at all times.
Duties will include:
• Attending a training day prior to employment commencing (fully paid)
• Ensuring the smooth running of each department
• Ensuring the completion of day-to-day administrative duties
• Liaising with the University regarding accommodation and meals
• Acting as a company representative to clients
• Managing the team of LSC staff
• Carrying out the school’s safeguarding policy, ensuring it is followed by others and maintaining a friendly but professional manner at all times
• Working with the Student Welfare Officer, Director of Studies and Group Leaders on all issues of student welfare/behaviour
This is a residential position. Centre Managers will be provided with en suite accommodation at the centre and full board. The role is for six days a week, and working hours will include evenings and weekends.
Bristol- University of the West of England (Frenchay Campus)
Brighton- University of Brighton (Moulsecoomb Campus)
London- University of Greenwich (Greenwich Campus)
London- University of Westminster (Harrow Campus)
London- University of Roehampton (Roehampton Campus)
Oxford- Oxford Brookes University (Headington Campus)
LSC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy you will be asked to explain any gaps in your work and education history. You will also be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check and provide the contact details of at least 2 referees, who will be asked specifically if they have any concerns about your suitability to work with people under 18. Evidence of eligibility to work in the UK must be provided at interview stage. The cost of the DBS will be split between LSC and yourself, your contribution will be £24 and will be taken out of your first payment.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Serviced check before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
For the full job description, please follow the link above
Previous Experience Required:
The candidate should
• Have relevant experience of residential summer schools or summer camps
• Be available the whole of July
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Be flexible and able to think on their feet
• Be able to work in a high pressure environment
• Demonstrate proven organisational ability
• Have excellent IT skills
Salary and Benefits
• Weekly salary between £490 and £591 per week depending on size of centre and experience (this figure includes the added 12.07% holiday pay).
• A strong commitment to providing you with ongoing support from our Head Office
• Comfortable en suite accommodation and full board
For a full salary breakdown, please follow the link above.
Should you be successful, LSC will:
• Require an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check to be made prior to confirmation of appointment. Where appropriate, foreign police checks will be required.
• Require two recent and relevant referees provided by you
• Enquire about any gaps in your CV that will need to be explained satisfactorily
• Require to see and make copies of original certificates and official identification (passport, driving licence, National ID) to keep in our records