Language Study Centres is a British Council accredited organisation which runs courses in various locations around the UK. We currently have vacancies for non-residential qualified EFL teachers. Contracts start in mid-June and normally run for between 2 and 9 weeks.
At LSC we believe in using communicative approaches to teaching and place emphasis on applied language practice. We would therefore welcome applications from enthusiastic candidates who would enjoy teaching lively classes to international young learners (The majority of classes will be 12-17 year olds. In Hastings there will be a few 10-11 year old courses. In Brighton and Oxford there will be a few 18+ courses).
Duties will include:
• Attending a training day prior to employment commencing (fully paid)
• Marking of placement tests and assisting the Director of Studies with administrative processes
• Providing quality language teaching to young learners at a variety of levels
• Familiarising yourself with LSC materials and preparation of lessons
• Assisting with the running of Trinity GESE exams
• Carrying out the school’s safeguarding policy and maintaining a friendly but professional manner at all times
• Giving written feedback on LSC materials, course structure and pre-course/in-course information to DOS on request
Bournemouth- Bournemouth University (Bournemouth House)
Brighton- Brighton College
Brighton- University of Brighton (Moulsecoomb Campus)
Bristol- University of the West of England (Frenchay Campus)
Hastings- Sussex Coast College (Ore Valley Campus)
Jersey- Fort Regent
London- University of Greenwich (Greenwich Campus)
London- University of Westminster (Harrow Campus)
London- University of Roehampton (Roehampton Campus)
Oxford- Oxford Brookes University (Headington Campus)
Torquay- Riviera Centre and Torquay Boys Grammar School
LSC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy you will be asked to explain any gaps in your work and education history. You will also be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check and provide the contact details of at least 2 referees, who will be asked specifically if they have any concerns about your suitability to work with people under 18. Evidence of eligibility to work in the UK must be provided at interview stage.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Serviced check before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
For the full job description, please follow the link above
• an undergraduate/university degree
• A CELTA/Trinity Cert TESOL or a PGCE (certain other qualifications will be accepted provided they meet specific requirements. Online courses do not meet our requirements)
• Proof of eligibility to work in the UK, a valid UK bank account and National Insurance number
• A passion for teaching and inspiring students to learn
• Previous summer school experience
• Experience teaching/working with young learners
• Knowledge/experience of the Trinity GESE exam (Oxford only)
Salary and Benefits
• Salary: Base rate of £357 plus £43.09 holiday pay= £400.09 (based on a 30 hour teaching week)
• A strong commitment to providing you with in-service support, training and professional development
• Professional premises and in house materials created specifically for our summer schools
For a full salary breakdown, please follow the link above
Should your interview be successful, LSC will:
• Require an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check to be made prior to confirmation of appointment. Where appropriate, foreign police checks will be required.
• Enquire about any gaps in your CV that will need to be explained satisfactorily
• Require two recent and relevant referees provided by you
• Require to see and make copies of original certificates and official identification (passport, driving licence or National ID) to keep in our records