Whether you are a fresh CELTA graduate or an experienced EFL teacher, join us this summer! Working with us is a fantastic opportunity to gain more teaching experience while working: from specifically tailored materials; with support from a professional and qualified DOS; hand in hand with other teachers and in a fun, dynamic environment. This is the ideal opportunity to add skills to your professional development and have a fun summer at the same time!
Language Study Centres is a British Council accredited organisation which runs courses in various locations around the UK. We currently have vacancies for qualified EFL teachers.
Most of our positions are non-residential, but we do have a few residential positions available in our centres outside of London. Contracts start in mid-June and normally run for between 2 and 9 weeks.
At LSC we believe in using communicative approaches to teaching and place emphasis on applied language practice. We welcome applications from enthusiastic candidates who would enjoy teaching lively classes to international young learners. Our students are aged between 12-17 and in 2017 we welcomed students from 18 different countries.
Duties will include:
• Attending training prior to employment (fully paid)
• Providing quality language teaching to young learners at a variety of levels
• Familiarising yourself with LSC materials and preparation of lessons
• Assisting the Director of Studies with administrative work (registers, certificates etc.)
• Carrying out the school’s safeguarding policy and maintaining a friendly but professional manner at all times
• Giving written feedback on LSC materials, course structure and pre-course/in-course information to DoS on request
Bournemouth- Bournemouth University (Bournemouth House)
Brighton- University of Brighton (Moulsecoomb Campus)
Bristol- University of the West of England (Frenchay Campus)
Hastings- Sussex Coast College (Ore Valley Campus)*
Jersey- Fort Regent
London- University of East London (Docklands Campus)
London- University of Greenwich (Greenwich Campus)
London- University of Westminster (Harrow Campus)
London- University of Roehampton (Roehampton Campus)
Oxford- Oxford Brookes University (Headington Campus)
*There will be a few classes of 10-11 year olds in Hastings
LSC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As part of our Safer Recruitment Policy you will be asked to explain any gaps in your work and education history. You will also be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check and provide the contact details of at least 2 referees, who will be asked specifically if they have any concerns about your suitability to work with people under 18. Evidence of eligibility to work in the UK must be provided at interview stage.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Serviced check before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
For the full job description, please follow the link above.
• an undergraduate/university degree
• A CELTA/Trinity Cert TESOL or a PGCE (certain other qualifications will be accepted provided they meet specific requirements. Online courses do not meet our requirements)
• Proof of eligibility to work in the UK, a valid UK bank account and National Insurance number
• A passion for teaching and inspiring students to learn
• Previous summer school experience
• Experience teaching/working with young learners
• Knowledge/experience of the Trinity GESE exam (Oxford only)
Salary and Benefits
• Salary: Base rate of £375 plus £45.30 holiday pay= £420.30 (based on a 30 hour teaching week)*
• A strong commitment to providing you with in-service support, training and professional development
• Professional premises and in-house materials created specifically for our summer schools
*There will be a £44.80 deduction if you stay in accommodation
For a full salary breakdown, please follow the link above
Should your interview be successful, LSC will:
• Require an enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check to be made prior to confirmation of appointment. Where appropriate, foreign police checks will be required.
• Enquire about any gaps in your CV that will need to be explained satisfactorily
• Require two recent and relevant referees provided by you
• Require to see and make copies of original certificates and official identification (passport, driving licence or National ID) to keep in our records